CAM-TOOL is an Elite CAD/CAM system of C&G System Inc., a Japanese corporation, that addresses the needs of the Manufacturing Tooling Industry.
It is a five-axis-control-machining-center compatible, high-end CAD/CAM system with a hybrid CAM engine (Polygon and Surface Calculation). This Hybrid capability enables direct machining to be applied to materials with a high degree of hardness.
Surface calculation and polygon calculation
- CAM-TOOL has both unique surface calculation technology and common polygon calculation technology.
- It addresses various milling demands such as precision, surface roughness, cost-effectiveness, deep milling, hard materials.
- CAM-TOOL achieves high precision and optimal milling by unique algorithm of "Surface calculation".
Highly efficient rough cutting by High feed radius cutter
- “Z-level Rough Cutting with Multiple Tools (Round 2)” enables to prevent tool vibration and breakage of inserts by unique toolpath which has no partial contacts.
- It maximizes tool life and reduces cutting time even in machining hard materials.
Automatic recognition of remaining area
- Efficient second roughing needs to recognize stock of previous process accurately.
- "Solid in previous process" recognizes remaining area automatically and creates efficient toolpaths.
- It recognizes the remaining area even from different direction.
- Change of tool axis direction in simultaneous 5axis machining makes significant effect to surface quality.
- CAM-TOOL has "Smoothing" function to move the tilt and rotation axis gradually, as a result, it achieves ultra-high-quality surfaces.
Tool and holder catalogues manufacturers are available
- Interference check and avoid interference needs accurate tool and holder shape definition.
- CAM-TOOL has "Tooling Database" which manages tools and its cutting conditions, and holder from major japanese tool and holder manufacturer.
- Tool shank shape can be defined with multiple taper shank and radius shape. Catalog data can be download from our support site.